World Of Warcraft, WoW Hand Armor

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Borean Tundra Fishing: Borean Man O'War, Quick Profits and Quick Embarrassment!

To start off, I just want to remind you to look to the left of this post, and click "follow" to be added to my blog. If you are new to the site, please take some time to run through some of my older posts. Feel free to comment and I will do my best to answer or reply as soon as I can. Enough of that....now, onto what you came here for:

One of the comments left on yesterday's post from a loyal reader got me motivated:

 "My Tuesday routine is check AH before and after, list raid goodies (flasks, buff food) early, and then post-raid goodies (gems, chants) before I hit the hay." Brouck

I am slacking. My cooking has been sitting at 411 since Wrath. You ever have that feeling that you lost something? Keys, wallet, checkbook, etc? That was the feeling I had. I had left my cooking on the back burner (no pun intended). Growing up, my ma would tell me "Don't fret, it's not lost, you will find it in the last place you look". Yeah. Good point. I would get frustrated when she would say that, but she was ALWAYS right. Well, this time, it was Brouck's comment that made me remember that quote.

I have forgot about one of the first things that I made money with back in vanilla wow. Cooking. I cannot say how many Deviate Fish I have sold (actually, that's almost ticket worthy to find out....I wonder if GM's can look that up?). My estimate is in the thousands, and in fact, I still buy and sell them. And fish them...Do you? Quick gold, quick spawns, quick sales. But this post isn't about them. It's about Borean Man O'War.

I open up my cooking menu and at 411, I need to cook Black Jelly which takes 3 Borean Man O'War per. Great. No wonder I stopped leveling up....they were yellow, so I am sure after cooking a few back in the day, I gave up on them. Now don't get me wrong, fishing in WoW isn't bad, on a DK (water walk-freeze), but on a rogue? pfft. And in Borean Tundra? Even worse.

So I hit the AH (knowing that I never liked the area anyways) and type in Borean Man O'War: Nothing. Notta. Zero. Zip. Zilch. Instantly, I open /2......"WTB Port to Dal. 20g. PST". Next thing I know:


The funny thing is, even though this is my "main", and he has been around since '06, look at the full screen shot....


See? I told you I hated this place. Flying around farming the fish, I "discovered" the whole continent.

So to make a long story short, in just shy of an hour, I fished up almost three stacks of Borean's, tossed them in the AH (22g each, stacks of 5). Three hours later, I had a few minutes to log in and add to "The Openings" list of screenshots, and bam! All the Borean Man O'Wars sold! A bit over 1K for that hour's worth of work.

But there was a bad side to this.....I was so caught up in fishing in an area I hated that I forgot something.....

I am still 411 cooking....

"WTB Port from ORG to DAL. 20g. PST"

2 comments:

Kammler said... Reply To This Comment

Lol, very humorous post.

Follow? Check.

Other WoLK fish sell well too. Fangtooth Herring, Sculpin and Glacial Salmon have been good for me.

I have a character leveling through Wrath content so I usually stop to fish any pools I find, or at least spend 10 minutes or so on the coast.

Nev said... Reply To This Comment

I tried for realm first fishing by sitting on the dock at Valiance Keep so I got lots of jellyfish, sculpin, & manta rays - didn't get realm first 'cos it took me over an hour to get logged in but hey ho, nice gold anyway :)

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger