Think of your AH like a "one size fits all" shirt. Yeah, the 50lb weakling might be swimming in it, the 600lb cat has no reason to even try it on, but for most folks, although it might not fit perfectly, we can still wear it. Some look like a million bucks in it, others, well....not so much. Where do you "fit" in to the AH?
Don't like that reference? Ok. Let's try another...
Are you frustrated because a market that you used to think of like a waterfall slowed down to a trickle? You need to broaden your mind, and look not only outside the box, but around the box....on top of the box.....under the box.....and IN the box. Feel me? Now back to the title of this post and the question I ask:
Why am I not making gold? Well, here's a few things to think about...
- Am I using all of my professions? And not just using them, but utilizing them? By example, if I log into my leatherworker, am I only making Heavy Savage Legs? Or am I only making Scorched cuz it's blue? Am I only focusing on "Cata level" items, or do I branch into Wrath with Earthen, Frosthide and Icescale?
- Am I doing dailies? Are you doing your Tol'Barad dailies? Did you go old school and are getting your rep up to get your Agility Enchants from Timbermaw Rep? How many days in the last week did you do your Jewelcrafting daily to get your Tokens? Or what about your cooking dailies to get your Chef's Hat? Did you forget about your scribe and their Minor Inscription or their Northrend Inscription cooldowns?
- Ask yourself am I posting correctly? Am I short stacking what I should be selling in full stacks? Am I selling full stacks when I should be selling in partial stacks?
- Am I converting my Leather Scraps to Leather, and then if need be Heavy or Pristines? Am I selling straight up Ore when I should be converting it into bars for more profit? Am I selling my enchant mats when I could be pounding out the market with Enchant Scrolls? Or -gasp- buying Inferno Ink for more than 10 times Blackfallow Ink prices? Or even buying Ink off the AH when you can mill it yourself?
- Don't even get me started on picking up vendor recipes. Or vendor pets. Or vendor D/E's (yeah, they are out there....Ratchet, Booty Bay, Gadgetan). These are all gold makers at times (note I said at times).
*Edit- I just read another great post over at Gimps Gold- If you "flip" AH goods, you better go check this out- Understanding why people buy!