World Of Warcraft, WoW Hand Armor

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My New Hero. And My New Blog

Uh, oh. He's starting to look professional....

You all know I am still a "noob" when it comes to the blogging thing, as I have only been floating around the blogosphere for a few months now. Although my posts are constantly fresh and updated (I like to think so at least), my website has been lacking since day one. A change here, a change there, but you have been basically staring at a blank chalkboard. Good thing I usually have something interesting to say, huh?





I figured that since I was getting tired of the bland old look of my blog design, that you guys/gals would too, so I decided that it needed to change. Program HTML? Ha! I thought that was the initials for some Goverment party. I might know how to make gold in WoW, but I have no clue when it comes to programming. So I needed to find someone that does.

After searching around, I decided on the best. Zoxy over at Trading With Zoxy. He is extremely knowledgeable in this area, and very reasonable on the cost, and comes highly recommended by yours truly! 

Before you do, I want you to think about this a second....You know how you have been needing that new gem cut, but don't have one yet? You personally don't have that design to cut it yourself, so you go into /2 and say "LF Jewelcrafter with XXX cut.". Now why do you do that? It's because you don't know how to do it yourself. Yeah, you could learn it, but it will cost you. Gold, time, what-have-you. So you go to someone that knows it, right? And then what do you do? Tip. So do me a solid, if you are looking for some help with your site, give Zoxy a holler. And don't forget to tip.

If you are as shocked as I am with the new site, and wondering what/where everything is, here's my briefing for you complete from top to bottom:

1. Home, Guest Posting, Personal AH Coach, Contact Me. These are at the top of the page, and are in remodeling stage. Go ahead and click em to check them out. They are pretty self explanatory.

2. Mob Farming, Herb/Ore Farming, Auction House, Patch/Hotfix, Professions, Events, Altos PoV. These are going to take some time for me to get them set up, so bear with me. There are drop down topics if you mouse over the titles, and soon to be added links within. Under Construction.

3. Followers. This is an option that you are used to seeing. I would appreciate it if you haven't signed up to follow, that you do so. It might not mean anything to you, but it does me. Thanks!

4. New style of "promoting" my site through twitter, digg, facebook, etc. See all them circles up there on the right? Yeah, thats them. Don't hesitate to get the word out for more traffic. If you like my post, take the time click one of them tiny buttons for me. I thank you ahead of time.

5. Search Box. Right under the "promoting" circles I just mentioned. This will help you tremendously. Remember that post that you read a few weeks back. Or was it a month ago? Stop racking your brain and just type a word in there. It will find it. Problem solved. =)

6. Recent Comments, Blog List, and Popular Posts. These are all following down the right side of the page. Once again self explanatory, you are used to seeing them already.

7. Categories. New thing here, I am working on it as we speak. The fun part is that I have to go through every one of my posts to complete this area. Once again, be patient, as I will get it completed asap.

8. Blog Archive. Same ol, same ol. Nothing new, this will be getting tossed once I get the site completed, hopefully within the week.

I hope that helps if you had any questions on the site. So, I have a question for you now:

What do you think of the new site?

5 comments:

Jason said... Reply To This Comment

Love the new look Alto ! :D Pretty easy to navigate and nice Color Scheme.

Ven said... Reply To This Comment

Looking good ,very professional looking well done.
Thumbs up.

Admin said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks Syn and Al! I appreciate the kind words!

Sterling said... Reply To This Comment

Spambots crawl blogs for exposed emails like this. Sam will probably start getting junk mail soon. Might want to remove that.

Admin said... Reply To This Comment

Thanks for the advice Sterling, will edit it right now.

Post a Comment

Twitter Delicious Facebook Digg Stumbleupon Favorites More

 
Powered by Blogger